- Posted by MG UG
- On April 21, 2019
- 0 Comments
Government of Manitoba
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
Manitoba Sustainable Development is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Aquatic Invasive Species Operations Coordinator within the Wildlife and Fisheries Branch. The Manitoba government has a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be willing and able to work overtime when required, including evenings and weekends
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s Licence
- Must be willing and able to travel extensively throughout Manitoba, including driving long distances
- Must be able to operate 3/4 ton trucks with heavy double axel trailers, including the ability to couple and de-couple, and drive and maneuver trailers
- Must be able to work outdoors for extended periods of time, in various weather conditions
- Experience coordinating and implementing environmental or science-based field projects or programs
- Experience with staff supervision, including: planning, organizing and directing staff; providing training; performance management; and implementing workplace safety and health policies and/or procedures
- Post-secondary education in Biology, Resource Management or Environmental Science, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, including experience fostering collaboration and partnerships with diverse groups of clients and/or stakeholders
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information and give presentations to diverse audiences
- Experience in ecological field work including the collection of biological and environmental samples and recording and analyzing scientific data
- Strong written communication skills including experience preparing technical reports, training materials, policies and/or procedures
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational and time management skills including the ability to prioritize workloads and meet strict deadlines
- Knowledge of aquatic invasive species in Manitoba and related legislation
- Experience using Microsoft Office or equivalent computer software
- Experience with GIS or equivalent software
This position is responsible for the ongoing development, organization and implementation of the Watercraft Inspection Program and Certified Service Provider Programs, as well as other operational aspects of the larger Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) Program. This position is responsible for coordinating the annual implementation of the Watercraft Inspection Program including: hiring, training, scheduling and supervising seasonal staff; arranging site logistics and equipment maintenance; and performing site visits and staff evaluations. Other responsibilities include: developing and implementing the Certified Service Provider program; assisting the Monitoring Program with the collection and analysis of biological samples; and managing the collection, organization and analysis of AIS data.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit jobsearch.gov.mb.ca.