- Posted by MG UG
- On July 1, 2019
- 0 Comments
Rural Municipality of Springfield
Department: Engineering and Environmental Services
The Rural Municipality of Springfield is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the position of Asset Management and Special Projects Coordinator. Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering and Environmental Services, the Asset Management and Special Projects Coordinator is responsible for and will provide a lead role in the development and maintenance of a municipal wide asset management program for the RM of Springfield. This position is responsible for working closely with the Director of Engineering and Environmental Services to prepare comprehensive actions plans including resources, time frames and budgets for projects.
- Develop, and analyse life-cycle management programs for infrastructure assets, including roads, bridges, sanitary collection and treatment systems, water distribution systems, solid waste transfer sites, buildings and building systems and all other tangible capital assets (TCA’s)
- Assist in the analysis of annual operating and capital budgets and associated plans, programs and reports across all departments, or programs related to asset management;
- Review the development and delivery of the Municipality’s Capital Asset Management Program by providing professional advice, conducting research and undertaking related tasks as needed;
- Work with various departments to estimate future costs for replacement, rehabilitation, or general maintenance requirements for all assets using industry standard practices;
- Review impacts of continued growth of existing assets with consideration to resources required to maintain service levels, as well as identifying future service expansion and required resources;
- Assist in budgeting and 5-year capital plan formulation, utilizing information derived from the Asset Management Program;
- Prepares various reports and studies on a variety of municipal projects to continuously improve the municipality’s processes and practices for greater efficiency and effectiveness;
- Support the Director of Engineering in consulting stakeholders, the general public and external agencies and organizations such as financial institutions and government agencies;
- Coordinate and investigate Special Projects approved by Council and assigned by the Chief Administrative Officer, Engineering and Finance Departments evaluate options, report findings and project methodology and make recommendations to concerned Department Director;
- Undertake other tasks, projects, and responsibilities as required or assigned within the scope of the position;
The ideal candidate will have a post-secondary degree in finance, accounting or an equivalent field, or a degree in Engineering Technology with a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in a municipal or civil related field; certificate in Asset Management planning will be an asset. Candidates must have experience in project management, advanced computer proficiency, superior attention to detail, excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as excellent organizational and time management skills.
Interested applicants must submit a resume, cover letter and 3 references by 4:00 p.m., July 15, 2019 or until a successful candidate is chosen.
RM of Springfield
“Asset Management and Special Projects Coordinator”
Box 219, Oakbank, Manitoba R0E 1J0
Phone: (204) 444-3321 Fax: (204) 444-2137
Job Type: Full-time
- municipal or civil related field: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
- Oakbank, MB (Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.ca.