- Posted by MG UG
- On January 7, 2019
- 0 Comments
Website City of Winnipeg - Public Works Department
Public Works Department – Parks and Open Space – Asset Management
Closing Date: January 28, 2019
Under the direction of the Parks Investment Strategies Coordinator and as part of the divisional Asset Management team, the Temporary Technical Assistant is responsible for participating in the division’s asset management data capture process, and providing input towards the development of divisional asset data information management system.
As the Asset Management Technical Assistant you will:
- Collect, coordinate and audit asset data in the field using electronic devices.
- Travel to various park locations throughout the City, working outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Be involved with desktop mapping and confirmation of asset inventory.
- Work in small groups and/or independently.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Successful completion of 1st year of post-secondary education in Horticulture, Greenspace Management or related field.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of City Geography (streets and neighborhoods within the City of Winnipeg).
- Previous experience with City of Winnipeg Parks Inventory and GIS software would be an asset.
- Plant identification skills would be an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to new technology and database software.
To apply for this job please visit careers.winnipeg.ca.