- Posted by MG UG
- On August 11, 2019
- 0 Comments
Dillon is a well-established, employee-owned professional consulting firm operating across Canada and internationally. We provide a wide range of consulting and design services related to the infrastructure, real estate, resource, industrial and government sectors in Canada and abroad.
We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Civil Technologist in our Winnipeg office.
- Contribution to preliminary and detailed design drawings for civil and municipal infrastructure projects for public and private sector clients
- Assist project managers and engineers in the functional and detailed design (CADD design) of civil and municipal infrastructure related to water supply, sewers, roads, land development site servicing, drainage and waste management
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members including engineers, planners, scientists, and technical and administrative support staff
- Produce consistent, high quality work
- Ensure quality control of design and production drawing work
- Contribute to Dillon’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
- Business travel upon request
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology
- At least 3-5 years’ work experience in engineering for municipalities and/or the land development industry
- Registered with the Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists as a Certified Engineering Technologist or Technician, or eligible to be certified within six months
- Hands-on experience in functional and detailed design drawings of various civil and municipal infrastructure projects
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD Civil 3D software is required
- Understanding of project design and implementation activities including development of design drawings and reports, contract document preparation, tendering, and contract administration
- GIS related experience with ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Desktop Extensions and the ESRI Geodatabase format is an asset
- Knowledge of Bentley Microstation considered an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication, organization and interpersonal skills, including the ability work in a team environment
- Field experience will be considered an asset
Dillon offers competitive salaries, health benefits and a generous retirement savings plan.
To apply for this job please visit external-dillon.icims.com.