- Posted by MG UG
- On April 5, 2019
- 0 Comments
Davey Resource Group
Company: Davey Resource Group
Position: Contract Supervisor, Utility Vegetation Management (multiple and various levels of positions throughout Manitoba)
Location: 100% travel throughout Manitoba and Canada as required, shift work may be required
Job Segment: Forestry, Vegetation Management, Arboriculture, Utility, Environmental, Consulting, Supervision
Employment Type: Full-time, or Contract (40+ hours/week) with opportunities for overtime
Anticipated Start: April 2019, Immediately
The Davey Tree Expert Company is the largest residential tree care company and one of the 20 largest employee-owned companies in North America. With over 9,500 employees, Davey offers unmatched opportunities of growth for motivated individuals looking to excel their career in any area of the green industry. Davey Resource Group (DRG) is the consulting service line to Davey Tree Expert Company and our 1,200+ professionals provide a full range of environmental, urban forestry, arboriculture, vegetation management and utility asset management consulting solutions to various markets across North America. Davey Resource Group has multiple immediate opportunities for Contract Supervisors, responsible for a comprehensive range of planning and managing utility vegetation contracts across Manitoba. These individuals will work directly alongside a rapidly expanding team of leading vegetation management and utility asset consulting professionals that will provide guidance and coaching to establish and accelerate your career.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Contract Supervisors will be responsible for oversight and execution of contractor utility right-of-way vegetation maintenance programs; mechanical clearing, herbicide tree control, and tree trimming and pruning. The Supervisors will directly engage and liaise with the client, contractors and governmental officials as necessary to ensure safe and efficient execution of vegetation maintenance operations. This will include but not limited to daily on-site supervision and coordination, work planning, property owner notification, inspection, quality control, and overall project management. Safety duties and responsibilities include adherence to applicable rules and regulations, worksite inspection and enforcement, leading daily tailboard and safety orientation and enforcing stop work orders when required. The Supervisors will also be required to conduct various field vegetation assessments around distribution and transmission circuits to create vegetation management prescriptions and schedules for tree clearing, mechanical vegetation control, herbicide application and danger tree removals with the intent of increasing utility system reliability and vegetation program cost effectiveness The candidate must possess a high degree of responsibility, professionalism, value for safety and innate ability for customer service, public communication and problem solving to satisfy our clients and their services.
Experience and Qualifications
- Education in forestry, arboriculture, ecology, horticulture, environmental science, natural resources or related field. University degree preferred or a combination of College diploma in conjunction with forestry work experience
- Powerline Technician (PLT) / Red Seal Journeyman Powerline Technician / Lineman Certification considered a strong asset
- Valid Pesticide Applicators License and working experience with pesticide application considered a strong asset
- Demonstrated supervision, contractor performance monitoring, inspection services, quality control supervision and managing health and safety aspects of an operation
- 2+ year’s working experience ideal in the utility industry and arboriculture, vegetation management, forestry, utility line clearing or related industry preferred. Must have previous utility vegetation consenting/planning experience
- ISA Certified Arborist, Utility Tree Trimmer UTT, Utility Tree Worker UTW, Certified Utility Arborist UA, ISA Utility Specialist, Utility Arborist, Registered Professional Forester (RPF), Registered Professional Forestry Technician (RPFT), Wildlife Danger Tree Assessor or similar are considered assets
- Experience and strong understanding of right-of-way vegetation management including mechanical clearing, herbicide treatment and control, tree trimming and pruning, danger / hazard tree programs, as well as the associated operational equipment in relation to vegetation management operations
- Comprehensive ability to identify vegetation, tree species, noxious weeds, danger trees and knowledge of plant growth rates.
- Knowledge of provincial and federal environmental compliance, permitting and reporting
- Understanding of distribution and transmission hydroelectric power systems, utility network mapping
- Strong working knowledge of various hardware, software and technical equipment including Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), tablets, computers, GPS etc. Working knowledge of GIS applications considered an asset.
- Ability to work and supervise independently, with little supervision, outside, in all weather conditions and terrain.
- Valid First Aid, driver’s license, clean driving record and ability to travel throughout Manitoba and Canada for extended periods when required.
Davey Resource Group offers rewarding compensation opportunities, full benefit packages, RRSP contribution and numerous additional remuneration and group incentives such as the employee stock purchasing program. The Davey Tree Expert Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume with attention to Wayne Ortiz, Manager, Utility and Vegetation Management.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.ca.