- Posted by MG UG
- On November 25, 2017
- 0 Comments
Website City of Winnipeg
Recruitment Details The City of Winnipeg is a vibrant and dynamic organization with many opportunities! We offer a diverse and welcoming work environment that delivers quality services to our citizens. Coordinator of Data ServicesCorporate Support ServicesPosting No: 115638Closing Date: December 5, 2017 Job Profile Under the general direction of the Manager, Data & Application Services, the Coordinator of Data Services is responsible for the development, ongoing management, and support for enabling IT solutions that achieve effective, efficient and powerful use of shared data across the City.The Coordinator of Data Services is responsible for the following two areas:
- Enterprise Geographic Information (GIS) data that supports Hexagon’s GeoMedia suite of products, the Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) database.
- Enterprise Information Solutions that include the technical support of the City’s Open Data Portal, the City’s shared Business Intelligence and analytics platform, Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes to move data from one location to another, Master Data Management, shared master databases, data quality management tools and shared application database administration.
This individual provides strategic planning, policy development, project management, budgetary control and contract management to develop, procure, and support high quality shared data that is used for enterprise purposes including cross—departmental business functions and external use at the City.This individual provides leadership and direction to senior professional and technical staff to support and improve all aspects of shared data within a complex business environment.As The Coordinator, Data Services You Will
- Plan, organize and supervise the work of Data Services teams, including the direct supervision of technical and professional staff.
- Be responsible for managing all aspects of the data model lifecycle, including on-going sustainment activities.
- Plan, research and recommend improved data solutions to support the City’s business processes, and improved modular solutions to support the application development activities of other City Information Solutions teams.
- Provide support and guidance to other City Departmental Information Solutions teams for solutions provided by Data Services.
- Be responsible for the efficient execution of the Data Services branch’s information systems development and support activities within the capital and operating budgets.
Your Education And Qualifications Include
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Management Information Systems
- A minimum 5 years direct experience with shared enterprise data functions such as GIS technology (Hexagon software would be an asset), orthographic imagery (asset), Open Data (asset), Business Intelligence (asset) and Master Data Management (asset) and administration of Oracle databases (Oracle Spatial and SQL Server would be an asset).
- A minimum 5 years of experience directly supervising information technology staff and contractors.
- Understanding of testing frameworks is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with all levels of staff and with external departments and organizations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Business and Systems Analysis, including Data Analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Project and Portfolio Management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT Strategic Planning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT infrastructure components, architecture and operational practices.
- Ability to manage rapidly changing priorities in a complex business environment.
- Ability to represent the City in user groups and other professional groups.
- Thorough understanding of current trends in information technology and their application in application development and sustainment.
Conditions Of Employment
- A Police Information Check (formerly the Criminal Record Check) satisfactory to the Employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented
How To ApplyAPPLY ONLINE, including all documentation listed below:
- Current resume AND cover letter (Required).
- Applications submitted without REQUIRED documentation will not be considered.*If you do NOT have access to a computer/email, please apply, including all documentation listed above, to: Staffing Branch, HR Services, Main Floor – 510 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB by 4:30 P.M., Tuesday, December 5, 2017. Notes
- Applicants may be required to undergo assessment to determine their knowledge, abilities and skills as they relate to the qualifications of the position.
Online applications can be submitted at http://www.winnipeg.ca/hr/ . For instructions on how to apply and how to attach required documents please refer to our FAQ’s or contact 311. The City of Winnipeg uses the Korn Ferry Leadership Architect Competency Model as part of the recruitment process.The salary range for this position is $3,039.43 – $4,091.75 bi-weekly.We have great benefits and competitive salaries, and we are committed to ongoing learning and career development! WE SEEK DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKPLACE. INDIGENOUS PERSONS, WOMEN, VISIBLE MINORITIES, AND PERSONS WITH A DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO SELF-DECLARE. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Requests for Reasonable Accommodation will be accepted during the hiring process.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.winnipeg.ca/hr/ →