- Posted by MG UG
- On October 23, 2019
- 0 Comments
City of Winnipeg
Under the general direction of the Manager, Enterprise Information Solutions, the Coordinator of Data Services is responsible for the development, ongoing management, and support for enabling IT solutions that achieve effective, efficient and powerful use of shared data across the City.
The Coordinator of Data Services is responsible for the following two areas:
- Enterprise Geographic Information (GIS) data that supports Hexagon’s GeoMedia suite of products, the Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) database and City-level geographic/spatial data management solutions.
- Enterprise Data Solutions that include the technical support of the City’s Open Data Portal, the City’s shared Business Intelligence and analytics platform, Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) processes, Master Data Management, shared master databases, data quality management tools and shared application database administration.
This individual provides strategic planning, policy development, project management, budgetary control and contract management to develop, procure, and support high quality shared data that is used for enterprise purposes including cross—departmental business functions and external use at the City.
This individual provides leadership and direction to senior professional and technical staff to support and improve all aspects of shared data within a complex business environment.
As the Coordinator of Data Services you will:
- Plan, organize and supervise the work of Data Services teams, including the direct supervision of technical and professional staff.
- Be responsible for managing all aspects of the data model lifecycle, including on-going sustainment activities.
- Plan, research and recommend improved data solutions to support the City’s business processes, and improved modular solutions to support the application development activities of other City Data Solutions teams.
- Provide support and guidance to other City Departmental Information Solutions teams for solutions provided by Data Services.
- Be responsible for the efficient execution of the Data Services branch’s information systems development and support activities within the capital and operating budgets.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum 5 years direct experience with shared enterprise data functions such as GIS technology (Hexagon software would be an asset), orthographic imagery (asset), Open Data (asset), Business Intelligence (asset) and Master Data Management (asset) and administration of Oracle databases (Oracle Spatial and SQL Server would be an asset).
- A minimum 5 years of experience supervising information technology staff and contractors.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly with all levels of stakeholders and the general public.
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly with all levels of stakeholders and the general public.
- Experience of Project and Portfolio Management.
- Experience of IT Strategic Planning.
- Experience of IT infrastructure components, architecture and operational practices.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and prioritizing work in a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and develop strong working relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with senior management, consultants, government agencies, developers, suppliers and contractors, through positive and collaborative relationship management.
- Political acumen with the ability to use good judgment and keen insight when providing advice to management and executives on widely diverse, complex and politically sensitive issues.
- Thorough understanding of current trends in information technology and their application in application development and sustainment.
Conditions of employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- A Police background check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense. To obtain a Police Information Check, please visit www.winnipeg.ca/police
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented
To apply for this job please visit careers.winnipeg.ca.