- Posted by MG UG
- On January 7, 2019
- 0 Comments
Farmers Edge is a global leader in decision agriculture servicing over 22 million paid product acres worldwide with precision digital solutions. Integrating field-centric data, easy-to-use software, state-of-the-art processing technology, predictive modelling, and advanced agronomic analytics, Farmers Edge provides growers with scalable solutions to produce more with less. Using innovative digital agronomic tools, Farmers Edge solutions focus on the sustainable production of high-yielding, high-quality crops and are designed to optimize inputs, minimize environmental impact, and protect economic viability of the farm. From seed selection to yield data analytics, Farmers Edge transforms big data into timely and accurate insights to support informed decision making.
Digital Ag Summer Intern
Location: Brandon, MB and surrounding areas
Reporting to the Regional Digital Ag Lead, the digital Ag intern will be instrumental in demonstrating the Farmers Edge platform in their geographic region. This role is fast paced and requires someone keen to demonstrate digital tools such as imagery, crop stage models, pest prediction models, both F2F and in field demonstrations
Duties may include the following:
- Demonstrate the benefits of Farmers Edge digital ag platform and how they can be used to improve the profitability of Farmers Edge customers.
- Teach Farmers Edge customers how to utilize the digital Ag platform. Show the way.
- Working with customers, develop stories of digital agronomic tools making a difference. Share these stories with other growers and the Farmers Edge team through social media and F2F sessions.
- Support Regional Digital Ag lead in customer training events and for specific customer requirements as needed.
- Collect observations in customer fields using the digital platform that help calibrate staging/insect/disease models, ensuring accurate performance that are in your assigned geography
- Ensure completion of all necessary administrative functions in a timely manner
- Travel required within province or state
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Currently enrolled or recent graduate in Agricultural or related field at a university or college level
- Some agricultural experience would be an asset
- Comfortable speaking in front of crowds and developing new relationships
- Ability to lead small field tours showcasing digital tools
- Able to travel throughout the region, potential overnight
- Valid drivers license with a reasonably clear driving record
Farmers Edge offers a very competitive compensation package. Salary dependent on qualifications and skill.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Farmers Edge Story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHhe8QS3bP0
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.ca.