- Posted by MG UG
- On October 5, 2019
- 0 Comments
Quantum Utilities & DAL Projects
Quantum Utilities and DAL Projects are looking for a full-time Civil Technologist or B.Sc. Civil (EIT) to join our team!
Working under a civil engineer, electrical engineer and project managers in a firm that specializes in turnkey telecommunications design and construction, you will be involved in:
- Design and implementation of underground and aerial installations of outside plant telecommunications networks.
- Provide technical support to the design team with tasks such as site assessments, civil layout, alignment submissions, permitting, developing scope of work and cost estimates.
- You will also be providing project implementation support to the project management team when required.
Working under a hydrotechnical engineer, and project manager in a firm that specializes in environmental dispute resolution, you will be involved in:
- Design and implementation of remedial and mitigation works that arise from resource development.
- Provide technical support to the implementation team with tasks such as GIS, gathering hydrometric data, hydro technical analyses, geoenvironmental remedial work planning and design, construction cost estimating and site quality control.
- You will also be providing project implementation support to the project manager when required.
- Conduct site inspections and prepare inspection reports;
- Preparation of management reports;
- Engineering and construction cost estimating;
- Provide surveying/hydrographic surveying if needed;
- Perform hydrometric data gathering and analyses;
- Prepare hydrotechnical/geotechnical analyses reporting;
- Build civil layout maps and packages for alignment approvals
- Work with governing bodies and third parties on permit submissions
- Collaborate with our Team in applying and improving the work process;
- Assist in the organization and management of project resources;
- Participate in office, jobsite and safety meetings;
- Ability to travel out of province if needed;
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner with honesty and integrity;
- Support the proposal process as needed;
- Provide technical and administrative support to the project management team.
- 0-3 years of relevant experience required, preferably in an engineering consulting environment;
- Sc. Civil (EIT) or completed CET program;
- Proficiency in GIS and MS Office;
- Knowledge in AutoCAD and Civil 3D is required;
- Autonomous and organized;
- Good judgement and strong analytical capacity;
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills;
- Valid driver’s licence with clean abstract.
The successful applicant will be a be a critical thinker, self-motivated, detail oriented and able to travel for work. If this description appeals to you, we welcome you to send a resume or CV.
Thank you for your interest, but only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- relevant engineering consulting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Winnipeg, MB (Required)
- drivers (Required)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.ca.