- Posted by MG UG
- On February 28, 2019
- 0 Comments
Narratives is a boutique firm; specializing in environmental planning, community engagement, and
community advisory services. ‘A day in our life’ may include brainstorming our strategy for a project,
writing technical reports, or travelling to communities to learn about their values, customs and
traditions and how they relate to the environment. We are driven by applying tested ideas, exploring
innovative techniques, trying new research designs, and constantly learning how to push our
standards in environmental assessment practice. For more information, please visit
Narratives is currently seeking candidates for the position of Environmental Practitioner. The
position will be based in Winnipeg, Canada from May 1 to August 30, 2019.
• Assist with conducting environmental impact assessments for various projects.
• Identify and interpret relevant legislation (provincial, federal, territorial) as it applies to proposed
• Assist with identifying key stakeholders to develop comprehensive engagement plans to support
• Assist with engagement activities, including handling meeting logistics, taking meeting notes,
preparing materials for information sessions, focus groups, workshops, and key person
• Assist with social media monitoring for key projects.
• Assist with stakeholder correspondence logging and reporting.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of existing and emerging best practices in the field of impact
assessment and engagement.
• Current student in an environmental science or studies program.
• Enrolled in the Co-operative Education Program.
• Completed coursework in Environmental Impact Assessment.
• Hold a valid drivers’ license.
• Know how to communicate with a wide variety of audiences.
• Ability to write well; including technical reports, memorandums, and briefing notes.
• Ability to manage time well.
• Adaptable, versatile, willing to learn and explore.
• Ability to conduct research and prepare short summaries of findings.
• Public speaking considered an asset.
• Flexible work hours, including option to work remotely when possible.
• Downtown Winnipeg office; close to bus routes for easy commuting.
• Attending relevant events at the Canadian Museum of Human Rights, through the Winnipeg
Chamber of Commerce, Manitoba Environmental Industries Association (or others you may
• Frequent road trips (to work with communities across Canada).
Please submit a cover letter, a resume, and a sample of your writing (article, blog, essay, or a technical
report) to email@example.com by March 1, 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org