- Posted by MG UG
- On July 11, 2019
- 0 Comments
Domtar Inc., Dryden Operations, which manages the Trout Lake and Wabigoon sustainable forest licenses with combined area of approximately 1.7 million hectares, is seeking an individual to join our Forestlands Team. A progressive community set between Winnipeg and Thunder Bay, Dryden offers excellent camping, fishing and outdoor activities.
Reporting to the Sustainable Forest License Team Lead and working in conjunction with the Forestlands team, your role will be to provide forest management planning support on Sustainable Forest Licence areas to ensure a sustained supply of wood.
- Working with the GIS Specialist and operations and silviculture foresters, you will ensure that information databases and Geographic Information System (GIS) spatial information is complete and accurate.
- Provide assistance in FMP preparation, the day-to-day revision and amendment preparation as needed.
- Provide annual reporting, annual work schedule plan preparation and forest management plan maintenance for the Sustainable Forest Licenses.
- Assist with spatial data analysis as required
- Prepare public notification maps for hunting season.
- Assist operational staff with GIS input and map product preparation.
- Some field verification work will be required.
- A Forestry Technical diploma, Forestry degree or a registered professional forester status in Ontario would be an asset.
- Possess solid functional skills with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and have experience in the forestry application of GIS.
- Knowledge of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry data requirements.
- An understanding of the functions performed in operational forestry would be an asset.
- You are a team player with solid communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively within a diverse group of customers.
- Strong beliefs and behaviors in safety and environmental values
- Results driven to meet deadlines and quality specifications.
- Possess strong organizational skills
If you are interested in an opportunity to work with an organization that is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a full range of employee benefits and a competitive wage package, consider joining our Team. Please apply online and attach your resume and cover letter, in confidence, by Wednesday July 31st @ 3:00pm CST.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Electrical & Electronic Manufacturing
- Consumer Goods
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.