- Posted by MG UG
- On December 1, 2018
- 0 Comments
Chris Werner Consulting
Chris Werner Consulting Inc. provides advisory and support services to Indigenous groups engaging with industry and government in land related issues. Recognizing the uniqueness and depth of Indigenous culture in Canada, we are committed to a community-based grass roots approach. Utilizing current technologies like geographic information systems, CWC empowers Indigenous groups to communicate complicated traditional knowledge concepts (where appropriate) across cultural lines. Similarly, we work with Indigenous leaders to communicate complicated legal and technical principles to their communities, empowering them to make informed decisions regarding their future.
We are seeking a GIS Technician to support the creation, management, analysis, and presentation of spatial information. The position will require working on GISs in a project / consulting environment. The GIS technician will be responsible for sourcing, creating and managing GIS data bases, analyzing and processing spatial information, and producing high quality digital and hard copy cartographic products.
- Manage, analyze, and report on spatial and non-spatial data / information and mapping products
- Compile and organize GIS data from maps, databases and other sources
- Create reports and thematic maps
- Convert, import and export data in and out of the GIS
- Create and document procedures and metadata definitions
- Draft and implement GIS policies for both in office and client use
- Mentor and train field workers in the use of basic GIS for field studies
- Conduct background review and consolidate various types of land-use data to support project implementation
- College technical diploma or a degree in GIS or cartography
- One year of relevant GIS experience
- Working knowledge and experience with ArcGIS
- Knowledge of map production and automation
- Strong cartographic analytical skills and attention to detail
- Information Technology skills and experience is considered an asset
Hours/Location of Work:
CWC’s office hours are from Monday to Friday, 8:30AM – 5:00PM.
Occasionally may be required to be in the field to collect data and information, as necessary.
$40,000 – $52,000 (Subject to education and experience)
Start Date: January 2019
Submit Cover Letter and Resume by 5:00 PM on Monday, December 10 to:
Further information about CWC can be found at www.wernerconsulting.ca. We thank all applicants who apply; however, only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $40,000.00 to $52,000.00 /year
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.ca.