- Posted by MG UG
- On March 13, 2019
- 0 Comments
City of Winnipeg
Under the direction of the Streets Maintenance Supervisor of Work Management (SWM), the GIS Technologist is responsible for maintaining and deploying all divisional Geographic Information System (GIS) data including but not limited to:
- Operator Map Libraries
- Ad hoc project maps
- Interactive web based maps
- Maintenance Management System Identified Routes
The GIS Technologist is responsible for seasonal inventory verification to capture new and adjusted inventory to be added or subtracted from current operator maps and tracking system routes.
The GIS Technologist performs data queries and GIS analysis, creates layouts and prints custom maps.
The GIS Technologist is responsible for surveying stockpiled materials to provide adjustments to the consumable inventory data.
As The GIS Technologist you will:
- Create, Maintain and Deploy GIS Inventory and Maps.
- Create and Maintain MMS Routes.
- Provide support for GIS analysis and Maintenance.
- Survey Stockpiled Materials.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Graduate in Technology from a recognized Institute of Technology and eligible for membership in CTTAM (Certified Technicians & Technologists Association of Manitoba) as a Certified Civil Engineering Technologist (CET) or Certified Applied Science Technologist (AscT)
- Advanced GIS Diploma is an asset.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working with Geographical Information Systems (GIS) data.
- Demonstrated, significant, hands-on experience and understanding of GIS software, including GeoMedia.
- Experience and proficiency in the use of AutoCAD software.
- Knowledge of GIS metadata concepts (attributing geometry for routing purposes).
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, legal descriptions and specifications.
- Ability to interpret field notes and sketches and transfer the information to neat workable drawings.
- Knowledge in the use of presentation and mapping software.
- General knowledge of web-based mapping services.
- Knowledge in GoogleMap API and basic web based programming is an asset.
- Operational experience within the Public Works Department is an asset.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access).
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage a varied workload.
Conditions of employment:
- Must possess and maintain a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License.
CORE COMPETENCIES: for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented
To apply for this job please visit careers.winnipeg.ca.