- Posted by MG UG
- On May 14, 2019
- 0 Comments
City of Winnipeg
The Graphic Designer works under the general direction of the Manager of Communications, planning and developing creative concepts for marketing and communication initiatives to promote Transit services, Transit schedules, Maps, and internal communications. The main duties include the creation of maps and other wayfinding tools, planning, writing, editing, design, coordination and pre-press production of a wide variety of communication initiatives (brochures, pamphlets, advertisements, internet web pages, photography assignments, etc.), liaising with freelance professionals, ad agencies, and civic staff, as well as the operation and maintenance of a variety of computer software.
As the Graphic Designer you will:
- Plan, design, and coordinate the production of a wide variety of communication initiatives (in English and French) such as maps, wayfinding tools, and signage, publications (for internal and external audiences), advertising, corporate identity, packaging, exhibition displays, multimedia audio visual presentations and internet sites.
- Operate and maintain digital workstation, and data based archive in networked system to department standards by conducting regular reviews, backups, maintenance, and servicing, as necessary to ensure optimum system operation.
- Responsible for the coordination and management of a wide variety of projects.
Your education and qualifications include:
- High School or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Fine Arts Degree with Diploma in Graphic Design, or Graphic Arts Technical College Certificate, or RRC Graphic Design Diploma, or RRC Digital Media Design Diploma or an equivalent of training and experience.
- Three to five years’ experience in related professional environment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and proficiency in a wide variety of software applications (cross platform knowledge useful, but working platform is Mac). Primary applications: Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, In Design, Lightroom, Photoshop, Premiere, Flash, Bridge, Acrobat, and others), Final Cut Pro, and Adobe After Effects – working knowledge of previous versions of software including Macromedia FreeHand, Corel Draw, and Microsoft Office is an asset as is knowledge of both Mac and PC computers.
- Advance Graphic Design skills and communication strategies incorporating composition, maps, layout, illustration, colour, photography and creative direction.
- Advance Graphic Design skills involving the creation of maps, site plans, wayfinding tools, and other geographic representations.
- Experience in GIS (geographic information system) workflows would be an asset
- Advanced knowledge, experience and proficiency in production techniques in digital pre-press and printing (planning, design, coordination, production coordination).
- Proficiency in Digital Multimedia Design, including motion graphics, web based design, and video editing.
- Operating knowledge of digital cameras, including ambient light photography and studio strobe equipment.
- Commitment to on-going training (both on the job, and through external sources).
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, tight deadlines restrictions.
- Strong communication and listening skills are required to interpret the work correctly and effectively communicate ideas to staff members to complete assigned tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively and courteously maintain customer service.
- Demonstrated strong organization skills, with a commitment to teamwork.
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to the requirements of the Respectful Workplace Standard.
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.ca.