- Posted by MG UG
- On November 13, 2019
- 0 Comments
City of Winnipeg
The Information Systems Specialist works under the direction of the Information Systems Coordinator. The Information Systems Specialist is responsible for independently undertaking small and medium projects for the development or support of Information Systems. The Information Systems Specialist participates with the Information Systems Coordinator on medium to large size projects for the development or support of Information Systems. The Information System Specialist is accountable for the maintenance, support and operation of the application software component of the information system(s).
As the Information Systems Specialist you will:
- Develop (construct) information systems and associated documentation (test plans, technical specs, training guides) to meet customers’ needs.
- Maintain and support existing information system technologies.
- Analyze business requirements and design small to medium information systems in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Implement information systems and provide training, as required, to achieve successful user sign-off.
- Preform other key duties, including the maintenance/advancement of IT knowledge and assisting co-workers.
Your education and qualifications include:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience and training.
- Training and/or experience with AMANDA, Maximo, and GeoMedia is considered an asset.
- A minimum of three years of related experience within the following information system technology areas is required: LAN, workplace operating systems, development environments (client/server and web) and a wide variety of system tools.
- Demonstrated high level of expertise in designing, writing and maintenance of programs.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- Experience with GIS concepts and tools is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, including the ability to teach/train/present technical information to individuals of varying technical ability.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment in fast-paced, and often, stressful conditions.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and independently learn and adapt to a changing technological development and operating environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and mentor junior staff.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization and external contacts.
- Demonstrated customer service excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze customer requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop a solution to meet the customer’s requirements.
- Willing and able to obtain specific courses and/or experience as is required by the portfolio assigned.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possess a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid
- Ability to perform on-call (if applicable) and occasional off-hours work is required.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense. To obtain Police Information Search information please visit: www.winnipeg.ca/police
CORE COMPETENCIES: FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.ca.