- Posted by MG UG
- On August 2, 2018
- 0 Comments
Website University of Manitoba
Posting end date: August 10, 2018
University of Manitoba has an immediate opening for the position of Landscape Planner.
As a Landscape Planner, you will:
– Lead and coordinate Landscape and Open Space Planning initiatives and projects.
– Lead development of any detailed sub-plans or strategies related to Open Space Strategies.
– Coordinate open space strategy, forest management strategy planning, ecology planning, stormwater management, exterior inventories (tree, space, infrastructure), and landscape planning/design projects with the Office of Sustainability, Operations & Maintenance, and Architectural/Engineering Services.
– Business relationships and correspondence with Administration, outside consultants, students and staff, and other University units is paramount. Communication to follow department process and standards, assuring a consistent message is broadcast.
– Responsible for preparing RFPs and contracts for the engagement of external consultants for studies and landscape planning work not internally produced (i.e. surveys, inventories, landscape planning, wayfinding, and audits). Acts as department liaison with these consultants and monitors their performance.
– Coordinate monitoring and meas*uring progress of Open Space Strategies and related frameworks in the Campus Plans (Open Space, Transportation, Sustainable Water Management), and prepare annual Campus Plan Progress Reports with Planner. – Prepare analytical reports and studies on open space planning issues such as building siting and setbacks, street and boulevard design, open spaces, wayfinding, active transportation, etc.
For more information with regard to the above position, please click Landscape Planner or contact Rejeanne Dupuis 204-474-6095.
To apply for this job please visit viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca.