- Posted by MG UG
- On August 7, 2018
- 0 Comments
Work on leading edge technologies and create awesome experiences for our customers.
Join our team
The Mobile Broadband Network Deployment Client Support Team is an Operational Team that works with all aspects of Engineering, Sales and our Clients to ensure that TELUS continues to deliver on it’s Best Network commitment, backed-up by 3rd party awards such as Ookla’s “#1 in Mobile Network Speed in Manitoba”, PC Mag’s “Canada’s Fastest Mobile Network” and Open Signal’s “Fastest Overall Download Speed”.
We are always innovating to find new ways to impress clients with our ability to respond to network problems, proactively avoid network problems, Support Sales in all aspects of TELUS networks, and build 5G networks in Manitoba.
With the increasing complexity of radio systems and the advent of 5G wireless technology, you will have the opportunity not only to master new technologies, but also apply modern engineering best practices, including automation and machine learning, to build a wireless network that delivers an excellent customer experience.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Network Performance and Support Specialist you will be the face of TELUS Access Network Engineering in Manitoba, representing TELUS with Sales, Clients and working on the deployment of 5G technologies. This is a dynamic oppourtunity that will see you in a boardroom one day and impressing a client with TELUS’s level of commitment to resolve all network problems the next day. You will also be working with our world class Access and Core Engineering Teams to test and implement a 5G network.
You will have the oppourtunity to innovate by developing new tools and practices that ensure no stone is left unturned in the relentless pursuit of network perfection. Your efforts will be rewarded by ensuring that Manitobans enjoy a world class wireless network experience.
Your interests and experience in Telco and software development will help to shape how we will continue to achieve our best network standing in Manitoba.
- Resolving Client reported network problems in the field or remotely.
- By developing software, you will automate analysis of wireless network KPIs to find network issues that impact the client experience
- Apply your knowledge in data science, such as big data analysis, to improve the client experience
- Collaborate with other teams like Technology Strategy and Product Development to understand new technologies and services to prepare our team to succeed in an evolving business environment such as 5G and IoT
- By developing dashboards and data visualizations, you will provide insight into client experience that can be shared with executives, peer groups and tools that are implemented in customer portals
- By monitoring network performance and using machine learning techniques, you will identify Network problems and avoid client issues in the network.
- Participate in and lead small to medium size projects which require analytics or capability development (analysis, reporting or platform).
- Apply your knowledge of GIS (geographic information system) technology to geo-locate network problems
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a data science, computer science or related field
- Passion for coding and a strong desire to apply those skills to improve Network KPIs and the Client Experience
- Possess a strong understanding of databases and big data, including: MySQL, NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Netezza, Splunk & Hadoop)
- Experience with machine learning algorithms, e.g. deep learning
- Basic understanding of GIS technology, e.g. MapInfo, ArcGIS
- Ability to consult and communicate with various levels of management
- Clean & valid Class 5 Driver’s License or other provincial
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Understanding of 3GPP (LTE/UMTS/HSPA),Radio Access Network design, optimization and capacity engineering
- Experience in the field of Data Science/Big Data
- Experience in a sales support role
- Telecommunications experience
To apply for this job please visit telus.taleo.net.