- Posted by MG UG
- On October 31, 2019
- 0 Comments
University of Brandon
Research Assistant III – Department of Geography & Environment
Applications are to be received by: 4:30 p.m. on November 1, 2019.
Classification: Research Assistant III
Employee Group: PSAC
Job Title: Research Assistant
Department: Geography & Environement
Wage: $15.63 per hour
Hours of Work: Approximately 120 hours
Start Date: November 4, 2019
Number of Positions Available: 1
Length of Appointment: 4 months
Date Issued: October 24, 2019
- Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator, the Research Assistant will undertake research activities as part of a project looking at the role of fisheries in sustainable food systems in the Lake Superior region.
- The Research Assistant will be expected to contribute to data collection and analysis, liaise with community partners, contribute to a literature review, and undertake other related duties as assigned.
- The position is open to students currently enrolled in a graduate program at Brandon University.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with qualitative methods, survey research, and GIS analysis would be considered assets.
Please submit your application with a short cover letter and resume of relevant work to:
Dr. Kristen Lowitt – Assistant Professor
Department of Geography and Environment
270 – 18th Street
Brandon MB R7A 6A9
Brandon University is committed to equity, welcomes diversity, and hires on the basis of merit. All qualified individuals who may contribute to the diversification of the University, especially women, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, racialized persons, and persons of all sexual orientations and genders are encouraged to apply. Canadian citizens and permanent residents are given priority. Evidence of citizenship must be provided.
To ensure this employment opportunity is accessible to all interested individuals, please advise of any accessibility needs by contacting the Human Resources office at (204)727-9782 or firstname.lastname@example.org.This posting is available in an alternate format.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.ca.