- Posted by MG UG
- On January 6, 2020
- 0 Comments
Souris River Watershed District
Souris River Watershed District is a local, grassroots watershed organization dedicated to raising awareness about sustainable land and water stewardship practices and providing incentives for conservation programs to achieve a healthy diverse landscape while working together in partnership with Manitoba Agriculture and Resource Development. The District is governed by a Board of Directors represented by local ratepayers, municipal councilors and a Provincial appointee.
The District is located along the International boundary in southwestern Manitoba and covers 7,650 km2 area. The District offices are located in Deloraine and Reston. Position will be based out of the Deloraine Office.
- Delivery of soil and water programs and rental equipment to local landowners.
- Coordinating projects with landowners and contractors.
- Project Organization and Management.
- Surveying and GPS/GIS data collection, analysis and organization.
- Maintain and manage internal database and mapping systems using ArcMap.
- Basic operation and maintenance of small agricultural equipment, quad, water pumps and a variety of power and hand tools.
- Maintenance of interpretive sites.
- Supervisory role of summer student staff.
- Post secondary education in GIS, Natural Resource Management, Civil/Geomatics Engineering Technology or equivalent education or experience.
- Practical understanding of agricultural practices, hydrology, erosion and environmental stewardship.
- Experience operating and maintaining equipment.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Good physical dexterity and ability to work in variable weather conditions.
- Proven ability to work as a member of a team and in situations without direct supervision.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships and to deal with the public.
- Experience with GIS ArcMap 10.6.
- Working knowledge of Auto Cad an asset.
- Experience with RTK survey equipment and troubleshooting an asset.
- Valid Manitoba Drivers License, and willing to obtain Class 3 license.
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter and resume including salary expectations and a list of 3 references by 4:00 p.m., Friday, February 7, 2020.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
- Company pension
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.ca.