- Posted by MG UG
- On November 30, 2019
- 0 Comments
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
This position is classified at the Business Analyst 3 (BA3) level. Candidates may be considered on a developmental basis up to and including the Business Analyst 2 (BA2) classification level. In order to be appointed to the full working (BA3) level, the incumbent is required to complete a development plan. Duration of the development plan will depend on the qualifications and experience of the successful candidate and will be discussed prior to commencement. Training may be provided as part of the development plan.
The Information Technology Services Branch consults, supports and collaborates with all department program areas through the delivery of fiscally responsible and innovative technology, services and solutions to help our clients achieve their mandate.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Information Systems, Geography, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or a related discipline. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with business analysis including analyzing and defining business problems and requirements, developing business cases and identifying strategic processes and technological solutions.
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and software (Ex. Esri, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS desktop, AGOL).
- Experience leading ICT projects.
- Leadership experience including the ability to influence and motivate staff.
- Written communication skills including generating business requirement documents, charters and reports.
- Verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in project management including risk management, resource allocation, and creating and managing project plans and reports.
Reporting to the Manager of Information Systems, the Senior GIS Business Analyst is responsible for providing Geographic Information Systems (GIS) expertise and leading teams or multiple cross-functional teams to successfully deliver all assigned projects facilitating, defining and documenting business needs and user requirements and generating detailed requirements documentation.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jobsearch.gov.mb.ca.