- Posted by MG UG
- On July 11, 2019
- 0 Comments
RM of East St Paul
ob Type: Term (September 03, 2019 – December 20, 2019)
Hours of Work – 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday
Work Location – 2801 Gateway Road, East St. Paul
Opening Date: July 04, 2019
Closing Date: July 26, 2019
Under the supervision of the Municipal Engineer, the Green Initiatives Municipal Engineering Assistant will assist with field surveys, investigations of topography, soils, drainage and water systems to better understand existing drainage systems and identify opportunities for improved biodiversity.
NOTE – The successful candidate MUST be a student who is planning to return to school after this term position. Engineering co-op students encouraged to apply.
- Participate in field surveys, inspections or technical investigations of topography, soils, drainage and water supply systems, road and highway systems, buildings and structures to provide data for engineering projects;
- Collect analyze information to better understand existing drainage systems and support the development of sustainable storm water management strategies for the RM.
- Help to create storm water design standards for new developments in the RM.
- Assist in identifying and evaluating opportunities to alter existing retention ponds through naturalization other measures to improve surface water quality discharged to the River and address nutrient and other pollutant issues in the existing ponds.
- Help create measures to improve biodiversity within the RM, enhance park and green space and support habitat for wildlife such as song birds, waterfowl, aquatic mammals and reptiles such as turtles. * Develop conventional and computer-assisted design (CAD) engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts and sketches
- Prepare construction specifications, cost and material estimates, project schedules and reports
- Conduct inspection and testing of construction materials
- Perform other technical functions in support of civil engineering activities.
- Skills and Abilities*
- A working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products (Word, Project, Outlook and Excel).
- A working knowledge of infrastructure modelling and the ability to utilize computer-aided-design drafting software; standard drafting tools; surveying equipment including level, transit, total station, GPS, etc.; motor vehicle; phone; mobile radio. (AutoCAD, GIS or similar) considered an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, including the ability to conduct necessary research and compile reports.
- Courses in civil engineering technology, or engineering (environmental, Biosystems or civil), or a related field (certification considered an asset) Note – candidate must be intending to return to school.
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Manitoba driver’s license.
- Must provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate drafting instruments, computers and various pieces of office equipment.
- The ability to stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, walk, use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- The ability to move about on construction work sites and under adverse field (outdoor) conditions.
- Specific vision abilities including; close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The RM of East St. Paul promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those who self-identify as a member of these groups; Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Students/Youth, Visible Minorities, LGBTQ2 youth, and Women in science, technology, engineering or mathematics.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $17.50 /year
- AutoCAD and or GIS: 1 year (Preferred)
- using surveying equipment: 1 year (Preferred)
- infastructure modeling with computer software: 1 year (Preferred)
- using standard drafting tools: 1 year (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- Class 5 Drivers (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.ca.