- Posted by MG UG
- On January 8, 2019
- 0 Comments
Website City of Winnipeg - Water and Waste Department
(Permanent position being filled on a temporary basis)
Closing Date: January 17, 2019
Under limited supervision of the Supervisor of Drafting & Graphics Services, the Technologist 1 maintains departmental water and sewer Geographic Information System (GIS) data, participates in the Underground Structure drawing review and Drawing Acceptance processes, undertakes highly skilled computer aided drafting (CAD) assignments, and satisfies requests for engineering record information.
As the Technologist 1 you will:
- Assist with the maintenance and updating of the water and sewer GIS data using GIS software, specifically Intergraph Geomedia Pro and Water and Waste Department standard work flow procedures.
- Perform skilled CAD, related calculations and compilation work, preparing a wide variety of standard construction drawings, graphics, maps and miscellaneous sketches by using AutoCAD and the Department’s CAD-GIS standards.
- Participate in the Department’s Underground Structure drawing review process.
- Participate in the Department’s preliminary and final record drawing review.
- Perform research and correspondence for Property Approval review.
- Perform general engineering record tracking and engineering record information requests.
- Perform other related duties consistent with the position as assigned.
For more information regarding education and qualifications, please click Technologist 1
To apply for this job please visit careers.winnipeg.ca.