- Posted by MG UG
- On January 8, 2019
- 0 Comments
Website City of WInnipeg - Water and Waste Department
(Permanent position being filled on a temporary basis – up to 14 months)
Closing Date: January 17, 2019
Under the general guidance of the Technologist 3, the Technologist 2 will perform GIS data maintenance, create GIS queries, export and import GIS and GPS data, participate in record drawing acceptance, coordinate GPS data collection, update GIS data maintenance documentation and status reports, and assist with junior staff training.
As the Technologist 2 you will:
- Assist with the data maintenance of the Department’s Water and Sewer Geographic Information System (GIS).
- Satisfy various GIS query and mapping requests.
- Export GIS data to various formats such as AutoCAD, Access, PDF, and Shape files.
- Import various data formats into GIS such as AutoCAD, text files, and raster images.
- Satisfy various GIS plotting requests.
- Oversee the GIS portion of the Department’s preliminary and final record drawing acceptance process.
- Update GIS data maintenance documentation, and various GIS linked MS Access and Excel applications.
- Coordinate the GPS data collection requirements for the Branch.
- Manipulate and export LiDAR data.
- Investigate and resolve errors identified within the GIS data.
- Act as the Technologist 3 when required.
- Perform other duties consistent with the classification, as required.
To apply for this job please visit careers.winnipeg.ca.