- Posted by MG UG
- On April 25, 2018
- 0 Comments
Monsanto Canada Inc. is seeking highly motivated individuals to work as members of the Field Equipment Deployment and Management team as Operations Support Technicians. These positions will assist research stations with all operations that support the North American Field Testing and Operations group. These individuals will be critical to our ability to deliver timely data to our pipeline and will have the opportunity to work with cutting edge proprietary field research equipment. We currently have 2 positions available – one located primarily in Manitoba, and one located primarily in Saskatchewan. Length of contract term is 12 months.
- Support research sites throughout Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta
- Assist with locations outside of the prairies to gain additional on the job training
- Utilization of research equipment such as planters, combines, GPS/GIS data and hand
held computers for note taking
- Operate and maintain research equipment
- Manage different field testing operations such as plot maintenance, agronomic notes, planting, and harvest
- Assist in computer related activities and provide support for day-to-day testing activities such as operation of shelling systems, seed counters, and seed packaging
- Perform safety inspections, and assist in providing safety training and guidance to field personnel
- Work closely with research teams to successfully maintain Quality Management Standards
- Assist in other projects and perform other duties as requested
This is a 70% travel position depending on offsite needs and time of year. Traveling can be within a region if necessary .
- Experience in operating, maintaining, and repairing farm equipment
- Ability to work effectively with interdisciplinary teams
- Ability to take ownership of projects and produce quality results
- Ability to take constructive feedback and coaching and effective communication skills
- Knowledge in agronomy or related agriculture field preferred
- Experience with towing trailers and hauling equipment; SK Class 5G or MB Class 3 driver’s license is an asset
- Willingness to travel and work irregular and overtime hours as needed
This position is a direct-hire contract position with Monsanto. Scheduling is based on seasonal need.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.monsanto.com.