- Posted by MG UG
- On October 3, 2018
- 0 Comments
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
The role of a Civil Engineer in Training (EIT) is to work independently on smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Senior Engineer. The EIT should be able to evaluate, select, specify, and engineer systems or products for a project, and check work at frequent intervals for accuracy and completeness, and maintain schedules.
An EIT will perform a variety of tasks which may include study, designing and/or planning infrastructure and facilities such as bridges, railroads, roads, airports, and other projects. They will analyze proposed projects to ensure reliability, resource efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Performs more complex engineering design tasks on assigned land development-related projects under supervision of a Project Engineer or Project Manager, including engineering drawings, engineering reports and required applications to regulatory agencies
- Manages the design and construction of projects, and provides input
- Involved in the permitting process of projects, which may require meeting with clients, contractors, reviewing agency personnel
- Coordinates with the regulatory review to seek final approval
- Provides advice or recommendations on asset management or infrastructure upgrades/requirements to accommodate the needs of users
- Performs or guides the deliver of Traffic Impact Studies or other traffic operations studies
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Comprehensive understanding of all phases of project document production
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and reviewing agencies
- Possesses excellent time-management skills; Thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule, budgeting and efficient use of time and resources.
- Understanding of business development as part of strategic positioning
- Thorough understanding of applicable guidelines for design (TAC, NACTO, AASHTO)
- Understanding of applicable regulations from municipal, provincial and federal transportation agencies
- Working knowledge of Asset Management principles
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite
- Working knowledge of CAD, Synchro/Simtraffic, GIS software an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent cooperative skills in working efficiently with a team
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or related field & eligible for registration with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba. Minimum of 3-6 years of experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; however field work may also be required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg
Organization: BC-1137 Transportation-CA Manitoba
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting: Aug 8, 2018, 2:10:42 PM
Req ID: 1800012I
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.ca.