- Posted by MG UG
- On April 8, 2018
- 0 Comments
Davey Resource Group. Davey Tree Expert Co. of Canada, Limited
Company: Davey Resource Group. Davey Tree Expert Company of Canada.
Position: Utility Vegetation Management Planners, Senior Utility Vegetation Management Planners and Project Managers (multiple and various levels of positions throughout Canada)
Location: 100% travel throughout Canada as required.
Job Segment: Forestry, Vegetation Management, Arboriculture, Utility, Environmental, Consulting, Planning
Employment Type: Full-time (40-50 hours/week) with great opportunities for overtime.
Anticipated Start: May, 2018
The Davey Tree Expert Company is the largest residential tree care company and one of the 20 largest employee-owned companies in North America. With over 9,000 employees, Davey offers unmatched opportunities of growth for motivated individuals looking to excel their career in any area of the green industry. Davey Resource Group (DRG) is the consulting service line to Davey Tree Expert Company and our 800+ professionals provide a full range of environmental, urban forestry, utility asset and vegetation management consulting solutions to various markets across North America. Davey Resource Group has multiple immediate opportunities for Utility Vegetation Management Planners , responsible for a comprehensive range of utility vegetation projects across Canada. The Planners will work directly alongside a rapidly expanding team of leading vegetation management and utility asset consulting professionals that will provide guidance and coaching to establish and accelerate your career.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Utility Vegetation Management Planners will conduct various field vegetation assessments around distribution and transmission circuits to create vegetation management prescriptions and schedules for tree clearing, mechanical vegetation control, herbicide application and danger tree removals with the intent of increasing utility system reliability and vegetation program cost effectiveness. The Planners will compile the assessment information and plans into various computer devices and GIS systems for execution by vegetation control operations. The Planner is also responsible for pre-operation coordination activity including but not limited to permitting, liaising with governmental agencies, clients and contractors, negotiations, and notifying property owners of planned work. Following planning activities, activities may include auditing, inspections and compliance measurements for completed vegetation management operations to client specification, developed work plan, industry best practices and governmental requirements to verify quality and aligned operational work. The candidate must possess a high degree of responsibility, professionalism, value for safety and innate ability for customer service, public communication and problem solving to satisfy our clients and their services. It is expected that the selected candidate is a leading performer that will meet operational and sales qualitative targets, have a desire for on-going industry learning and research as well as continuously increase process efficiencies, organization and brand reputation.
Experience and Qualifications
- Education in forestry, forest conservation, arboriculture, ecology, horticulture, environmental science, environmental management, natural resources or related field. University degree preferred or a combination of College diploma in conjunction with forestry work experience.
- 2-5 year’s working experience ideal in the arboriculture, vegetation management, forestry, utility line clearing or related industry preferred.
- ISA Certification, Utility Tree Trimmer, Utility Tree Worker, Certified Utility Arborist or similar accreditation mandatory.
- Further qualifications such as ISA Utility Specialist, Registered Professional Forester (RPF), Pesticide Applicator Licenses, Journeyman Lineman, Powerline Technician, Wildlife Danger Tree Assessor or similar are considered assets.
- Experience and strong understanding of right-of-way vegetation management, utility line clearing programs, mechanical and herbicide treatment and associated operational equipment in relation to tree trimming and pruning, mechanical brush control, herbicide application, right-of-way widening, danger/hazard tree identification.
- Comprehensive ability to identify vegetation, tree species, noxious weeds, danger trees and knowledge of plant growth rates.
- Basic understanding of transmission and distribution of hydroelectric power systems, utility network mapping and the North American Electric Reliability (NERC) compliance requirements.
- Proficiency in integrated pole maintenance programs, pole inspections, pole treatment practices, utility asset inventories are considered highly desirable.
- Strong working knowledge of various hardware, software and technical equipment including Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), tablets, computers, GPS etc. Working knowledge of GIS applications considered a strong asset.
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision, outside, in all weather conditions and terrain.
- Valid First Aid, driver’s license, clean driving record and ability to travel throughout Canada for extended periods when required.
Davey Resource Group offers rewarding compensation opportunities, full benefit packages, RRSP contribution and numerous additional remuneration and group incentives such as the employee stock purchasing program. The Davey Tree Expert Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please note pre-employment drug screening is mandatory for this position.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume with attention to Wayne Ortiz, Manager, Utility and Vegetation Management.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.indeed.ca/jobs?q=GIS&l=manitoba&sort=date&vjk=8bf8086cb2a9423f →