- Posted by MGUG Admin
- On November 30, 2021
Website Manitoba Government
RS3 Resource Technician 3
52 week departmental position
Agriculture and Resource Development
Wildlife, Fisheries and Resource Enforcement, Ecosystem Management
The Pas MB
Advertisement Number: 38376
Salary(s): RS3 $46,644.00 – $55,430.00 per year Plus Remoteness Allowance, if applicable.
Closing Date: December 20, 2021
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
Manitoba Agriculture and Resource Development is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Resource Technician within the Wildlife, Fisheries and Resource Enforcement Branch. The Manitoba government has a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid full-stage Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License
- Must be willing and able to work evenings, weekends, and overtime, as required
- Must be willing and able to travel to remote locations for extended periods of time using aircraft, truck or off-road vehicles
- Must be comfortable driving a truck and trailer, all-terrain vehicle, boats, and other off-road vehicles etc.
- Graduate from an approved technical school or university with a diploma or degree in Natural Resources, Environmental Science, Biology, or other related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience collecting, managing, and analyzing field data.
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain good working relationships with a variety of staff and stakeholders
- Experience with GIS software and applications
- Ability to perform basic maintenance on quads, boats, snowmobiles, and trailers
Under the supervision of the Lead Wildlife Biologist, the incument will be responsible for collecting, organizing and analyzing data for wildlife management programs in the Northwest region. Wildlife programs include surveys related to wildlife habitat assessments and population monitoring, particularly for species at risk files (e.g., cairbou). As a multi-resource technician, the incumbent will also assist and support other regional resource managers including fisheries, crown lands, and forestry.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.