- Posted by MGUG Admin
- On December 18, 2021
Join Esri Canada’s National Training Team and share your knowledge and passion for GIS with customers across Canada. This position must be based in Alberta, Saskatchewan, or Manitoba, and will report to the Manager, National Training.
- Teach Esri software courses both in the traditional classroom, online or at client sites to help customers stay on the leading edge of GIS technology
- Lead the training and delivery of Esri ArcGIS Desktop, Enterprise, or Developer courses
- Prepare and present product specific workshops at User Conferences
- Proactively pursue self-instruction on all relevant technical topics
- Review content material and be proficient on new and existing courses
- Support training department projects
Specific skill requirements:
- University degree in computer science, engineering, geography, geomatics, GIS or equivalent education and experience
- 3+ years of experience using ArcGIS technology in an applied environment.
- Willing to successfully obtain and maintain ArcGIS Certifications and recertify as required
- Willing to successfully obtain Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+) Certification as required
- Knowledge and experience with Esri products such as ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro), ArcGIS Online
- Working knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, SQLServer, or PostgreSQL)
- Experience using desktop automation (ModelBuilder, Python, Arcade)
- Demonstrated teaching or presenting experience for a diverse audience
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Power Point)
- Experience with remote presentation platforms (WebEx, Microsoft Teams, Zoom)
- Experience with virtualized environments
- Willing to travel occasionally as needed, primarily short trips within Canada
Competencies in the following are essential:
- Excellent communication, presentation, and public speaking skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
- Classroom management skills
Considered as assets for this position are the following:
- Experience with relational/non-relation database management software
- Experience with the ArcGIS Field/Mobile Apps
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS Enterprise (base deployment)
- Bilingual fluency (English/French)
- Esri ArcGIS Desktop Certification
- Esri Enterprise Administration Certification
- Esri Enterprise Geodata Management Certification
Esri Canada provides a dynamic work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team-based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package. Esri Canada believes in employment equity and welcomes applications from all interested candidates. Efforts to provide accommodation will be made upon request at any stage of the recruitment and hiring process. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Due to the current pandemic, Esri Canada employees currently work remotely with the flexibility to attend their assigned office locations on an as-needed basis, until an official return-to-office plan is finalized.
Once safe to do so, Esri Canada employees will be able to work from their assigned offices. However, they may apply for a work-from-home arrangement as per our Work From Home Policy, which allows some employees to establish a pre-approved remote work arrangement.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.