- Posted by MGUG Admin
- On November 23, 2021
RM of Rosser, Town of Stonewall, RM of Rockwood, and Town of Teulon
The Coordinator will be a regional position shared amongst the partners of the Manitoba Interlake Collaborative Asset Management Program (MICAMP). MICAMP is comprised of the RM of Rosser, Town of Stonewall, RM of Rockwood, and Town of Teulon.
Under the general direction of the CAO for each MICAMP Partner, the Asset Management Coordinator will be responsible for assisting in establishing and implementing the asset management plan for each MICAP Partner as well as expanding its use and understanding throughout each organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Be responsible for the daily input and editing of municipal infrastructure in the municipality’s capital asset registry.
· Provide technical expertise related specifically to asset management
· Compile and organize GIS data from maps, databases and other sources for use in the asset management plan of the municipality.
· Assist in developing and implementing the municipality’s asset management policy and governance program.
· Support the development and delivery of the municipality’s asset management program by providing professional advice, conducting research and undertaking related tasks as needed
· Be able to provide support and training to other employees regarding asset management program development or implementation as required
· Assist other departments in the development of the annual asset management program report for the municipality
· In the course of carrying out daily duties the incumbent must practice established safety rules and regulations
· Establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, external contacts and the public.
· Perform other related duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Grade 12 education
· Possess a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License
· Ability to express ideas effectively both orally and in writing
· Demonstrated competence in computer use including data base management.
· Must be physically able to perform labouring aspects or other duties associated with the position
· Strong organizational skills
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering Technology or Geographic Information Systems Technology or equivalent in related education and experience
· 5 years experience in developing, analyzing and maintaining GIS data and other GIS output products including use of software and use of GPS units for data collection.
· 3 years experience in the development, maintenance and application of asset management plans within the operation of an organization.
This position will work a 40-hour week.
This position requires the incumbent to divide their time between the MICAMP Partners according to the following ratio:
RM of Rosser 0.25
Town of Stonewall 0.25
RM of Rockwood 0.25
Town of Teulon 0.25
This position will require the incumbent to travel to each of the MICAMP Partners Municipal Offices each week.
Qualified Applicants are invited to submit a cover letter summarizing relevant experience, a resume, and three (3) references.
Application deadline: 2021-12-08 by 12:00 pm
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday