- Posted by MGUG Admin
- On January 12, 2022
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC), a leader Canadian habitat conservation, is looking for a confident, energetic and dedicated individual to join our team as a Conservation Programs Specialist (CPS). This is a three-year term position located in Brandon, Manitoba.
As a member of the Wetland Restoration Team, you will be responsible for negotiating with landowners to deliver and implement wetland restoration agreements on the landscape. You will liaise with Rural Municipalities, Watershed Authorities, Government Representatives and assist with surveying and project operations.
You need to be an enthusiastic team player – a self-starter who can work with anyone, is capable of seeing the bigger picture and enjoys working in the field with staff and producers. You are an effective communicator who is able to build positive working relationships with various staff of local governments, landowners, industry and agricultural producers.
You possess strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills. You have expertise in project planning and execution, financial and contract management and contractor/construction supervision. You are self-motivated, enjoy a complex, changing environment and can manage numerous projects on tight deadlines.
The successful candidate will have an affinity to the outdoors, conservation and the world of waterfowl.
- An environmental science or agricultural diploma is preferred but other diplomas in related disciplines such as environmental/civil engineering will be considered
- Strong planning, reporting and project management skills
- An understanding of local agricultural, industry and conservation practices
- Knowledge of sustainable and integrated resource management
- Experience with GPS, ArcView, MS Office, AutoCAD and airphoto interpretation
- Awareness of MB Occupational Health and Safety practices
- Knowledge of the MB Water Protection Act, Dam Safety Regulations and the approvals process
- Excellent organization, interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
- A valid class 5 driver’s license
- Practical experience with engineered water control structures, wetland and upland conservation projects, agriculture and biology would all be considered assets.
- Experience working on a farm would also be an asset.
- Ability to work long/flexible hours in summer, with possible travel
- Must be an active member of CTTAM or must eligible for certification with CTTAM
- The successful candidate will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
How to Apply
Working for DUC is a career highlight for many staff. Let us know if making a difference is important to you.
Please visit our online career center to submit your application for confidential consideration.
Closing Deadline: February 1, 2022 (EST)
Ducks Unlimited Canada (DUC) is the leader in wetland conservation. A registered charity, DUC partners with government, industry, non-profit organizations, landowners and Indigenous Peoples to conserve wetlands that are critical to waterfowl, wildlife and the environment.
While DUC would like to thank all applicants, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.ducks.ca.