Manitoba Hydro –
Classification: STAFF OFFICER IV Posting Date: 2022/11/16
Job Family Profile: Business Support Level IV Closing Date: 2022/11/29
Position Title: FORESTER
Position: 10003591 # Positions: 1
Duration: Permanent Status: Staff Full-Time
Location: Riel Converter Station Site Jurisdiction: AMHSSE
Business Unit: Asset Planning & Delivery , Construction Division , Line Contracts
Department , Forestry
Salary: $2,951.11-$4,072.12 Bi-weekly / $76,728.86-$105,875.12 Annually (PG 31)
Under the general direction of the Forestry Section Head, is responsible for the development of standards and procedures as well as
the administration of utility vegetation management programs. Provides expertise and technical support on forestry related issues.
– Lead in the development, implementation, evaluation and administration of distribution vegetation management programs,
including annual and long-term plans, while aligning budgetary and planning resources for execution.
– Promote compliance with all Corporate, Provincial and Federal regulations related to vegetation management programs,
including pesticide use.
– Prepare the Pesticide Use Permit applications and Post Seasonal Reports for the Province.
– Lead the delivery and provide guidance and support to administrators for Herbicide Control Programs across the corporation.
– Participate in the development of a GPS/GIS database for the tracking and documentation of the vegetation management
programs including that performed indirectly (through other internal or external groups).
– Prepare, evaluate and administer tenders for contracted vegetation programs.
– Conduct quality control audits and evaluations of contractor performance.
– Conduct vegetation surveys identifying program locations and proposed management methods and provide technical training
for others conducting field surveys and contract supervision.
– Provide technical support and expertise within the Forestry Section and to other departments and respond to customer
inquiries on forestry/utility vegetation management programs and issues.
– Prepare technical reports and make recommendations on studies relative to vegetation management.
– Represent the Corporation in a technical capacity to outside agencies and Provide liaison with various internal and external
stakeholders and government agencies relating to Forestry’s maintenance programs, including advice on vegetation
management options, methods, equipment, and products.
– Keep abreast of new trends and developments in the Utility Vegetation Management industry and evaluate impacts on the
– Support the centralization of utility vegetation management activities process and procedures across the corporation to
develop a wholistic view in program deliveries.
– Working within the team, at times in a lead role, to carryout business planning initiatives, vegetation management strategies or
to carryout recommendations from audit reports.
– Promote safety and environmental compliance with all Corporate, Provincial and Federal regulations pertaining to the
vegetation management programs and projects.
“Principal Duties are intended to be an accurate reflection of the main duties essential for this position. They are not designed to be
an exhaustive list of all duties, tasks and responsibilities.”
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND EMPLOYMENT EQUITY
2 of 2 pages Reference Code: EC56638296-01
– Four year Bachelor of Science degree (Forestry, Natural Resources, Environmental Sciences or major in Related Discipline)
from an institute of recognized standing and a minimum of five years directly related experience.
– Two year related diploma (Forestry or Natural Resource Management) or Related Discipline and a minimum of seven years
directly related experience.
– Possess a thorough knowledge of Corporate Safety and Occupational Health rules.
– Demonstrated knowledge of Provincial/Federal Regulations pertaining to vegetation management including pesticide use and
Migratory Birds Act.
– Proven ability to analyze data and prepare technical reports.
– Contract development and administration experience is required.
– Self motivated and the ability to perform with minimal supervision.
– Extensive knowledge in database and GIS software as well as a working knowledge of modern software applications is
– Experience in a leadership or supervisory role would be an asset.
– Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
– Possess and maintain a valid Manitoba Driver’s Licence.
This position requires demonstrated ability in the Core Competencies as well as some of the Leadership Competencies. The
Competencies key to this position are:
Competency Skill Level Skill Level Descriptor
Applying Learning III Develops Innovative Ways of Acquiring and Transferring Professional
Communication III Adapts Communication to Others
Customer Service III Addresses Underlying Needs
Decision Making III Conducts In-Depth Analysis and Makes Complex Decisions to Solve Problems
Financial Responsibility III Incorporates Financial Principles into Operational Decision Making; Actively
Contributes to Financial Targets
Results Oriented III Drives for Improvement
Teamwork III Solicits Input and Builds the Team
Apply online using MPower, HR Centre, myHR, e-Recruitment.
If you are unable to access e-Recruitment, send your resume and cover letter including your name, employee number and the
Reference Code number from the posting to email@example.com, no later than 4:30 pm on the closing date.
This document is available in accessible formats upon request. Please let us know if you require any accommodations
during the recruitment process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org