- Posted by MGUG Admin
- On July 13, 2022
Website ESRI Canada
About the job
Esri Canada has an exceptional opportunity for a GIS Consultant for the Prairies region, based in Alberta, Saskatchewan, or Manitoba.
In this role, you will leverage your knowledge and training to assist in the implementation of GIS based solutions using Esri technology.
As a GIS Consultant, you will contribute to the ongoing business operations of the Prairies team by effectively providing technical knowledge and executing the delivery of assigned consulting projects. As the successful candidate, you will also participate in user needs analysis, the design, development, and implementation of client solutions.
GIS Consultant responsibilities include:
- Providing technical expertise in configuration, development, and implementation of the client solutions.
- Work with project teams to manage client expectations and ensure project deliverables are met.
- Ensuring the smooth delivery of projects as specified in the project plan or Statement of Work.
- Monitor and control technical activities throughout the complete life cycle of the consulting assignment.
- Participating in designing client applications & solutions which may include system architectures, databases (Geodatabases and other), ArcGIS Pro/ArcGIS Online/Field Map solution components, data migration/conversion strategies, workflows, and data processing solutions.
- Assisting with the configuration, development, testing, documentation, implementation, and training of Esri products and solutions.
- Execute the delivery of QuickStart services packages for core ArcGIS technology.
- Working with clients to assist during the installation and implementation of software.
- Conducting and participating in regular communications with clients, peers, and project team members to manage expectations, communicate project progress and ensure project success.
- Contributing in the development of project plans/activity lists/scopes of work for assigned projects.
- Assisting in the preparation of proposals (e.g., Service Requests/Task Orders, RFPs, RFIs and RFQs).
- Support Esri Canada technology adoption through sales activities, events, and customer interactions.
- Proactively pursue self-instruction on all relevant technical topics.
Specific skill requirements:
- University degree in geography, geology/geosciences or equivalent education and experience
- 3+ years of experience working with GIS applications.
- Knowledge and experience working with Esri products such as ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, and ArcGIS mobile apps.
Competencies in the following are essential:
- Strong relationship-building, time-management, presentation, and communication skills
- Customer-service oriented, good problem solver, team player
Considered as assets for this position are the following:
- Experience working with the Municipal and local governments and/or large IT organizations
- Experience in training and educating customers on customized applications
- Experience in client/server applications
- Esri Technical Certifications:
- -ArcGIS Pro – Professional
- -Enterprise Administration
- -Enterprise Geodatabase Management – Associate
Esri Canada provides a dynamic and flexible work environment, an opportunity to build your skills with leading tools and technologies and a team-based approach. We offer attractive salaries with an outstanding benefits package. Esri Canada believes in employment equity and welcomes applications from all interested candidates. Efforts to provide accommodation will be made upon request at any stage of the recruitment and hiring process. Please be advised that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Esri Canada is committed to the health and safety of the employees, customers, partners, and communities. As a condition of employment, all new hires will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.