- Posted by MGUG Admin
- On December 12, 2021
Job Location: Winnipeg, MB (Remote)
The successful candidate in the GIS Developer/Analyst role will perform all functions contained within this position with full accountability and responsibility for GIS needs for AFL Network Services. The GIS Developer/Analyst would work closely with clients, internal stakeholders and third parties such as vendors or permitting authorities to understand and execute their GIS needs/requirements. The successful candidate should have an understanding and knowledge of all ERSI products, including ArcGIS Enterprise Server.
- Provide operational, technical and analytical expertise to GIS projects by understanding how to apply the principles and practices of GIS as a decision support tool.
- Help Engineering managers and Project Managers to identify the GIS needs for various projects.
- Prepare, manage and maintain project maps and As-built documents.
- Be involved with all technical discussions and meetings between internal and external clients.
- Translate spatially related user requirements and technical systems specifications into working, tested GIS applications, including developing detailed programming specifications, writing and/or generating code, compiling and integrating data-driven programs and systems, interacting with spatial databases.
- Manage and maintain ArcGIS Enterprise Server
- Utilize ArcGIS Workflow Manager to automate workflows
- Programming and configuration of GIS-related solutions
- Maintain knowledge of current GIS industry standards.
- Ensure the correctness and completion of as-built engineering deliverables.
- Maintain communication with construction forces and makes recommendations for project Close-out package.
· Minimum 5 years of experience with Geospatial toolset/systems such as ESRI and other GIS applications
· Experienced in processing LiDAR and Photogrammetry data.
· Experienced in editing spatial datasets in a variety of GIS applications
· Ability to manipulate and convert GIS Spatial data.
· Experience in Python Scripting for Geoprocessing.
· Strong understanding in data management and manipulation.
· Programming and configuration of GIS-related solutions
· Experienced with Geodatabase design (SQL, Oracle, Postgres)
· Ability to use AutoCAD with a specialized toolset (MAP 3D and Raster design toolset).
· Experience with FME is an asset.
University Degree, diploma or Equivalent experience.
GIS certification is an asset.
General hours of Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Some minimal travel may be required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $70,680.00-$160,853.00 per year
Effective October 15, 2021, all new AFL team members and subcontractors will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Do you have any knowledge about any GIS software?
- coding: 1 year (preferred)