- Posted by MGUG Admin
- On December 23, 2021
Website Rural Municipality of Stanley
Rural Municipality of Stanley
Invites Applications for a
Located in the hub of busy southern Manitoba, we are a strong & progressive municipality experiencing significant growth and development.
Reporting to the GIS & Engineering Manager, the GIS Technician is responsible for a variety of GIS and Engineering related functions of the Municipality. This position provides information gathering, documentation, support, and direction towards projects, all while working together with our administrative and operational departments representing the Municipality.
The successful candidate will be a dedicated professional with strong analytical skills, in depth knowledge of mapping and legal survey plans, basic computer programming, knowledgeable in municipal infrastructure, and basic knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D normally acquired through a combination of post secondary education and working experience. Formal ArcGIS, survey, and asset management training would be considered an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
· Exceptional analytical and organizational skills.
· High degree of professional judgment and creativity in problem solving.
· Ability to take direction and think critically.
· Works well in a team and alone.
· Ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy both verbally and in writing.
· Able to process, interpret, and communicate technical information.
· Very detail orientated.
· Strong aptitude for public service.
· Experience with office suite
· Basic knowledge of cadastral mapping and legal survey plan interpretation
· Has a valid Class 5 driver’s license
· GPS Experience
· ArcGIS Enterprise and Esri Suite
· Server management (MySQL experience and/or understanding of the SQL programming language)
· Basic model builder and Python experience
Interested applicants should forward their resume and cover letter to the undersigned.
Candidates being considered will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check.
The RM of Stanley offers a positive work culture, competitive compensation, health benefits package and pension plan.
Please note that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $23.02-$24.91 per hour
- Company pension
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends