- Posted by MGUG Admin
- On December 7, 2021
RFNOW Inc. is looking for an experienced Senior Legal Survey Technician to be a part of planning operations for telecom projects in Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
- Preparing and reviewing Telecommunication design and drawings of outside plant underground network facilities
- Conducting field surveys and site visits determining optimal routes for projects
- Interpreting and applying Telecommunication standards while assisting with preparing high quality designs and drawings
- Creating design details in software such as AutoCAD, Visio and SpatialNET
- Participating in meetings with key-stakeholders to ensure the successful outcomes of a project.
- Attending site meetings, site visits and field inspections with clients, municipal authorities, utilities & various project stakeholders as required
- Following company standards and procedures related to Health & Safety while performing assigned job duties
- Ensuring schedule deadlines are adhered to and project deliverables are maintained
- Perform quality control and field checks of construction and inspections
- Reading and interpreting outside plant records (data, maps, fiber network designs)
- Conduct site walk for data collection of all surface features and underground utility data necessary to support the preparation of the construction drawings that are complete and suitable for construction
- Collaborating with team members from other divisions to overcome project challenges and issues
- laying out proposed Fibre lines in relation to property lines.
- Surveying Rail and pipeline crossings
- Providing Survey drawings for crossing agreements and contractors.
- Providing survey data for easements
- Legal Survey Certification
- Graduate from a technical college program preferably in civil, electrical/telecommunications, GIS, or equivalent experience
- Expert knowledge of outside plant design practices and municipal permitting requirements
- Experienced skills with cable locators and field survey equipment
- Organized and self-motivated with strong attention to detail
- Strong MS Office skills, experience with AutoCAD, Visio and SpatialNET
- Ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with multiple project stakeholders and interpret their needs
- Working knowledge of construction or telecom documents, drawings, specifications and current construction practices and methodology
- Willingness to contribute actively to team discussions, sharing experiences and ideas
- Strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities
If you are interested in building your career with RFNOW Inc. please forward your cover letter and resumé detailing your qualifications.
About RFNOW Inc.
RFNOW Inc. is a successful, dynamic organization with opportunities to grow and specialize in a number of areas within the field of technology and construction including broadband wireless communication, fibre optics, network architecture/maintenance, directional drilling, cable plowing, line locating, tower building, residential and commercial service connections, and heavy equipment operation and maintenance. Learn more at rfnow.com.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- 8 hour shift
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.