- Posted by MGUG Admin
- On December 18, 2021
Mobility Systems Advisory Consultant
WSP is one of the world’s leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 55,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 9,800+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
TORONTO / CALGARY / EDMONTON / VANCOUVER / MONTREAL / WINNIPEG / OTTAWA
WSP is one of the world’s leading professional engineering services firms. Every day our more than 42,000 experts work to restore the natural environment and transform the built environment.
In Canada, our 8000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re a Forbes Top Employer in Canada , one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada’s Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP , we’re proud, professional and passionate people. Join us.
WSP is currently seeking consultants and senior consultants to join our Mobility Systems Advisory Services group in Winnipeg, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Toronto or Montreal. Reporting to the Principal Consultant, the candidate is responsible for supporting advisory services projects with a wide range of clients including transit agencies, municipal and provincial governments, non-governmental organizations, international investment organizations and others. WSP’s Mobility Systems Advisory Services team is organized to provide coordinated and focused support to operators, financiers and administrators of public and private transportation services.
The candidate should have interest in developing a generalist or specialist understanding of light rail and bus transit infrastructure, transit or other fleet operational systems, transportation service policy and strategy, sustainable mobility technologies and propulsion systems (electrification and GHG reduction), cost-benefit analysis and structured decision making.
Specific roles and responsibilities assigned to the successful candidates will be commensurate with experience. Multiple positions may be filled depending on the qualifications and areas of interest of successful candidates.
- Support the delivery of feasibility and preliminary engineering level designs for transit and other mobility systems infrastructure projects including passenger facilities, running-ways, vehicle operations and maintenance and fueling/charging infrastructure.
- Support delivery of technical advisory services for alternative procurement of transit infrastructure projects
- Support delivery of business and strategic advisory services relating to service delivery, policy, contracting, risk management, sustainability, and investment planning.
- Assist in development of visual and written report content
- Assist in the development of material take offs and cost estimates
- Coordinate input from other engineering and advisory services disciplines as part of complex multidisciplinary projects, including managing information sharing and preparing fully integrated designs and reports
- Attend project meetings with clients, architects and consulting disciplines
- Provide proposal preparation support when required
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary education from an accredited institution in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering; Architecture, Planning, or other applicable post-secondary education demonstrated to be relevant to the role;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, PROJECT and TEAMS.
- Experience with drawing tools such as AutoCAD / MicroStation / Revit / CIVIL3D would be an asset.
- Experience with data analytics programming tools such as Python, SQL, R, or others would be an asset.
- Experience with spatial analysis tools such as ArcGIS or would be an asset .
- Practical knowledge of transit or other mobility system operational constraints and priorities
- Experience working with Canadian transit authorities and familiarity with related operational procedures and design standards would be a significant asset.
- Experience with design or operation of a public works, transit, or other coordinated fleet maintenance facility is an asset.
- Excellent communication, analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work and learn in a fast paced, team-based environment to meet strict deadlines
- Committed team player with strong organizational skills
To apply for this job please visit phe.tbe.taleo.net.