- Posted by MGUG Admin
- On November 30, 2021
Requisition ID: 282362
Position Number: 20036285
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: WRHA Corporate
Work Location: Winnipeg Corporate
Department / Unit: CSP Analysis Support
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
The Quality System Support Analyst provides analytical and systems support for the WRHA Cardiac Sciences Program. This position will work closely with other members of the team to prepare data and perform statistical analysis all while ensuring that data integrity/quality is maintained. This position will also offer support to the Quality Manager, Cardiac Sciences Program on various ongoing quality improvement initiatives.
- Experience analyzing data, preparing spreadsheets, computer programming, developing and managing databases; preferably within a healthcare setting.
- Experience performing intermediate to complex statistical analysis using multiple data sets and sources is required.
- Experience using statistical software packages such as SAS or STATA is preferred.
- Experience analyzing and monitoring organizational key performance indicators and quality/safety metrics for quality improvement purposes would be an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with GIS software (e.g. ArcGIS) is considered an asset.
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in a health related, computer sciences, mathematics or statistics is required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience in health services/health related research may be considered.
- License(s) and registration(s) consistent with educational and professional background.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated ability to use computer technology to capture, manage, analyze, report, and present data.
- Advanced knowledge of databases and reporting software required.
- Working knowledge of other programming languages (e.g., VB, VBA) and familiarity with SQL would be considered an asset.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must have excellent analytical skills, problem solving abilities, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to write technical reports with a high level of proficiency.
- Computer literacy with data analysis software programs, advanced knowledge of statistical procedures and applications required.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet scheduled deadlines.
- Ability to use creative problem solving, effectively using captured program data to support alternate solutions.
- Must have good organizational skills, interpersonal skills, able to work independently, and with multi-disciplinary healthcare professionals, staff and management from multiple sites within the region.
- Not Applicable
Salary commensurate with education and qualifications.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
To apply for this job please visit careers.wrha.mb.ca.