- Posted by MG UG
- On June 10, 2019
- 0 Comments
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary civil service that is inclusive and reflective of the population it serves. We encourage applicants to voluntarily self-declare in the cover letter, resumé or application if they are from any of the following employment equity groups: women, Indigenous people, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar full-time regular or term positions located in and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Manitoba Sustainable Development is seeking a qualified individual to fill the position of Watershed Planner within the Water Science and Watershed Management Branch. The Manitoba government has a comprehensive benefit package which includes extended health care, health spending account, dental care, vision care, long term disability insurance, group life insurance, maternity/paternity leave, family related leave, and a defined pension plan (some pension plans allow for portability between the Civil Service Superannuation Board and employers).
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a valid full stage Manitoba Class 5 Drivers Licence
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as required
- Must be willing and able to travel within Manitoba, including overnight stays as required
- Graduation from a recognized post-secondary institution with specialization in environmental studies, natural resource management or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience related to ecosystem function and/or landscape ecology and experience in applying a watershed-based, integrated approach
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups
- Strong verbal communication skills with experience giving presentations to a variety of audiences
- Strong written communication skills with experience writing technical reports and business correspondence
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple work files, establish priorities, and manage time
- Strong problem solving, analytical and decision making skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel or equivalent software applications
- Knowledge of the Conservation Districts Act, the Watershed Districts Act, and the Water Protection Act
- Knowledge of the Manitoba Conservation Districts Program
- Experience working with Board governance
- Experience working with local municipalities, Indigenous communities, or in a rural Manitoba context
- Experience using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications or tools.
- Experience with program administration, strategic business planning and reviewing financial reports
Reporting to the Manager of Watershed Planning and Programs, the incumbent provides professional planning support and watershed management expertise to advance Integrated Watershed Management Planning and implementation in Manitoba. The purpose of this position is to assist in the delivery of land and water conservation initiatives and Integrated Watershed Management Planning to comply with the directions of the Conservation Districts Act, the Watershed Districts Act and the Water Protection Act.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.ca.