The Manitoba GIS User Group (MGUG) is a group of geospatial professionals and interested individuals using or supporting the use of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for spatial data management, analysis, and visualization. Formed to facilitate communication between people working in all areas of GIS, the User Group meets to allow its members to learn more about current activities and technologies within the industry and to network with their peers.
Our organization is governed by the input of our members and the Board of Directors, subject to the direction provided by the MGUG Constitution
- Provide opportunities for networking
- Promote communication and exchange of information
- Focus on topics and interests that impact Manitoba
- Provide opportunities for professional development
- Promote the local geomatics community and geospatial industry
- Hold conferences and meetings throughout the year
- The development and maintenance of a website for use by members.
- Working and partnering with similar organizations
- The publication of stories and community events
- The development and maintenance of a local resource directory
- Other activities consistent with the purpose and strategic priorities of the MGUG membership
Every number of years, MGUG meets with its membership to discuss key priorities and general direction on how to move MGUG as an organization. The latest version is available here
Board of Directors
Manitoba GIS User Group Board of Directors are collectively and individually responsible to the Membership to oversee the business of the organization in an effective manner. The Board is accountable for the performance, strategies, policies and performance of the organization, and is governed under the Constitution.
A description of the roles for each Board Member are outlined here