Website Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Engineer-In-Training (EIT) Development Program
EG1 Engineering 1
THIS COMPETITION IS OPENED UNTIL FILLED.
Department of Transportation and Infrastructure
Hydrologic Forecasting & Water Management
Advertisement Number: 39922
Salary(s): EG1 $52,503.00 – $66,707.00 per year
Closing Date: April 14, 2023
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to women, Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
Applicants must NOT already be in Manitoba Infrastructure’s Engineer-In-Training Program.
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES A COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM AND RESUME**
When completing the application form, please ensure to attach corresponding documents as required. Candidates can apply for multiple positions on one application form by completing each area of interest. Please also submit a resume.
Manitoba Transportation and Infrastructure offers a structured comprehensive EIT Development Program where we provide you with training and experience to support your goal of becoming a Professional Engineer. With your current experience as the foundation, your personal development plan will ensure that you get experience performing varied and challenging work related to roadway construction, drainage, project management and related engineering/design. We will support your professional and educational development with in-house and external training and provide guidance and mentorship through our large dynamic group of Professional Engineers. We offer comprehensive management training and coaching to help you prepare for one of the many possible opportunities for advancement in the Department.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes extended health benefits, health spending account, dental, vision, long-term disability, maternity and parental leave, and a pension plan.
Positions will be of interest to candidates whose academics and experience aligns with the Hydrologic Forecasting & Water Management – Jr Hydrologic Engineer – Winnipeg location.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must have an undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering (or graduating by spring 2023) or equivalent approved by Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba
- Must be enrolled (or eligible) as a Member in Training with Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba.
- Must possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- Must be able to work overtime including weekends and be able to be away from home for extended periods.
- Must be able to travel frequently to work sites within the province by ground and/or air transportation.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor rough terrain environment and be exposed to notable hazards such as construction equipment, roadway traffic, noise, dust, hand/power tools, insects, vegetation, & sharp objects.
- Effective written communication skills.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability work respectfully and productively within teams.
- Excellent planning, organizing, and follow-up skills
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Leadership skills.
Position Specific ESSENTIAL Criteria:
Hydrologic Forecasting & Water Management, Jr Hydrologic Engineer:
- Experience in hydrologic analysis and processes.
- Experience with GIS, database systems, hydrological and hydrotechnical software programs, and computer programming.
- Knowledge of basic principles of hydraulic analysis, including flood routing and backwater analysis.
EIT’s work under the guidance and direction of a Professional Engineer while in the program. The objective of this opportunity is to develop the EIT into a Project Engineer at the full working level of Engineer 2 (EG2). Following successful completion of Manitoba Infrastructure’s EIT Development Program and upon receiving your professional designation, candidates will be eligible for promotion to the EG2 level.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES A COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM AND RESUME
**CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE APPLICATION FORM**
Please also submit a resume.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions for represented positions may be grieved by internal represented applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jobsearch.gov.mb.ca.