SUMMER EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
GIS Technician Support
The successful candidate will help improve productivity and efficiency by supporting all
departments via Geographical Information System technology products. This position is also
responsible for providing information to council members, staff, ratepayers and businesses.
– Support the Administrative, Transportation and Utility departments by creating various
databases for the purpose of asset management, spatial analysis and delivery of final map
products & solutions
– Data collection with survey equipment for database updates
– Perform 3D aerial surveys of aggregate stockpiles and other municipal infrastructure with
– Creation of maps, graphs, spreadsheets, and other information items for project
– Handle incoming locate requests for R.M. owned underground infrastructure
– Perform road construction surveys and surface water management elevation surveys
– Proficiency with ESRI ArcPro, ESRI Geodatabases & Microsoft Office Productivity tools
– Working knowledge of the principles and practices of GIS, spatial analysis and cartography
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Excellent logical and analytical thinking. Ability to identify problems and create solutions.
– Organizational skills & the ability to work alone are a must
– Strong sense of self-motivation & attention to detail
– Must possess valid Class 5 driver’s license
– Would be considered an asset if the applicant is currently enrolled in a university degree
in GIS, Environment, Geography or Computer Science program, or a two-year diploma in
GIS or Land and Water Management
Interested candidates should submit a resume by:
Mail/Drop-off: R.M. of Wallace-Woodworth Municipal Office
154023 PR 257 Box 2200 (Corner of 83 Hwy & PR 257) Virden, MB R0M 2C0
Any questions regarding this employment opportunity,
please call Shaelyn Tanguay at (204) 748-1239.
Applications will be accepted until May 19, 2023.
We appreciate your interest in this position.
However, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org