Do you want to work for a company that’s making a difference in Manitoba? You can be part of building a superior internet service for Manitobans with Valley Fiber Ltd. Valley Fiber Ltd is a full-service company offering dedicated fiber optic internet, TV, and digital phone for people across the province. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for talented people to join us!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated GIS Technician to join our team. The GIS Technician reports to the Director of Planning & Engineering. GIS technicians create customized maps and geographic information systems (GIS) applications for Valley Fiber’s fiber optic network. They compile and integrate information from the data base to create visualization of data and create custom dashboards for the purpose of reporting. They also manage the data that is entered into the GIS database.
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Staff discounts on internet service and at select local businesses
- Opportunities for professional development, increased responsibility, and advancement
- Opportunities to work on big projects that have a lasting impact on the daily life of Manitobans
- Utilize GIS software and databases to perform spatial analysis and map production
- Maintain and update the GIS database to reflect the current state of the fiber optic network
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure the accuracy of GIS data and maps
- Transferring data from multiple sources into GIS application
- Creating and updating maps and dashboard to visualize data
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a GIS Technician role is required
- Experience with Arcgis technology suite is considered an asset
- Experience with Arcgis Enterprise Portal is considered an asset
- Basic python programming knowledge is considered an asset
- Experience with AutoCAD is considered an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite
- Secondary school graduation from a recognized institute with courses in GIS and Cartography, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience is considered an asset
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create tasks and assign to team members to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism
- Ability to multitask efficiently
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment
- Ability to thrive under pressure, changing priorities and deadlines
- High level of organization
- Ability to collaborate as a team player and work independently
- Ability to work on internal systems for long periods of time
On the job fiber design training will be provided. We thank all those who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Valley Fiber is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against individuals who have a disability or based on their culture, nationality, ethnicity, gender, or religion. Valley Fiber strongly encourages individuals from minority-groups to apply and is willing to reasonably accommodate where possible.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org